FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The Clinical Therapist/ CADC is a full-time (40 hour) position. The Clinical Therapist provides direct services in a trauma informed care model to victims/survivors of domestic violence, to include crisis intervention, risk & lethality assessments, safety planning, individual and group therapy, advocacy and information and referral. The Clinical Therapist is under the supervision of the Deputy Director and Executive Director.
- Conduct initial assessments for victims of domestic violence, which include risk & lethality scale, safety planning, service plan, and implementation.
- Provide individual therapy for shelter, outreach and housing clients.
- Provide crisis intervention for traumatized clients.
- Provide services within a trauma informed care model.
- Design, implement, and facilitate weekly domestic violence groups for non-residential services.
- Maintain files and provide appropriate documentation on each client.
- Answer 24-hour crisis line and provide telephone counseling and appropriate referrals.
- Supervise interns and practicum students.
- Provide consultation, training, and supervision to counseling staff in areas of therapeutic intervention and trauma informed care for victims of domestic violence.
- Maintain daily, weekly, and monthly statistical information as required by funding sources.
- Attend all required trainings and staff meetings.
- Work designated holidays and assigned on-call schedule according to agency policy.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Master’s Degree in Mental Health Counseling, Social Work, Psychology, or related field with a counseling emphasis.
- Appropriate state licensure in good standing.
- Knowledge of dynamics of domestic violence, safety planning, and justice system.
- Commitment to adhere to the Member Program Service Standards of the Kentucky Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Commitment to complete required Certified Domestic Violence Advocate training.
- Completion of First Aid, CPR, and Blood-borne Pathogen Training.
- Valid Kentucky driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance.
- Submit to criminal background check(s).
- (PREFERRED QUALIFICATION) CADC certified