FLSA Status: Exempt
The Economic empowerment specialist will provide Case Management and assist survivors with any aspect of case management that will increase survivor’s income through referrals and a thorough understanding of community resources. Members will help survivors apply for benefits, find housing, employment, and pursue an education. Members will assist with aspects of case management including transportation and accompaniment. This position reports to the Residential Services Manager and Director of Residential Services.
- Provide financial education classes, credit reports and one-on-one credit counseling
- Assist survivors apply for expungement
- Help survivors apply for debt relief
- Help survivors apply for emergency assistance, public benefits and other social services
- Help survivors find transitional or permanent housing and help survivors apply for housing assistance
- Assist survivors in attaining educational goals (GED, continuing, and post-secondary education)
- Recruit volunteers to assist with financial education classes and other shelter-related services
- Assist with KCADV’s evaluation of the Economic Empowerment Program
- Develop a community resource bulletin or list for survivors and their dependent
Essential functions (with or without accommodations):
* Education or experience in related fields
*Ability to professionally communicate orally and in writing
*Ability to work effectively and interact well with others
*Ability to use a computer and other office machines (telephone, fax machine, copier, calculator, etc.)
*Have reliable transportation (some travel may be required)
*Ability to work in a challenging, fast pace environment
*Ability to work with vulnerable populations
- At least 18 years of age.
- Knowledge of dynamics of domestic violence, safety planning, and justice system.
- Commitment to adhere to the Member Program Service Standards of the Kentucky Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Commitment to complete required Certified Domestic Violence Advocate training.
- Completion of First Aid, CPR, and Blood-borne Pathogen Training.
- Valid Kentucky driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance.
- Submit to criminal background check(s).
Send resume to Beth Workman at email@example.com with subject line, AmeriCorps 2021nbhn
Additionally, please complete an application at:
|104739||2021-22 Economic Empowerment Corps FT|