FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The person in this position is responsible for assisting in all the financial record keeping. Bookkeeping system must meet the requirements of various funding sources, reflect standards as adopted by the Board of Directors, undergo annual monitoring audits by the Kentucky Coalition Against Domestic Violence, and other funders, and be subject to review and audit by an independent certified accountant. The person in this position, in consultation with the Executive Director and Director of Finance, assists in maintaining the financial integrity of the agency, and is under supervision of the Director of Finance.
- Assist in all eBay related activities including preparing invoices, packaging, shipping, receipt, and maintain accurate records
- Maintain a complete, accurate, transparent, and timely record of all receipts and expenditures of the agency.
- Maintain appropriate documentation and related information for each funding source to assure that all monies are spent in accordance with required guidelines and time frames
- Prepare payment for all vendors in timely manner and complete all grant documentation records including copies, processing payments, and filing check stubs
- Provide support to submit billing and documentation on a monthly basis on all grants
- Submit billing and documentation on a monthly basis for the DV Bonus Joint TH/RRH grant
- Maintain accurate records on all volunteer hours in accordance with funding sources
- Assist in preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual budget reports for submission to all funding sources an board of directors
- Maintain various files related to budgeting and funding
- Upload and maintain product listings on eBay fundraising website
- Assist the ED in preparing requests for funding, grant applications, and other projects related to revenues and expenditures
- Prepare financial records for annual audit and all grant related compliance for site visits, board meetings
- Prepare and complete labor distribution spreadsheet for Director of Finance
- Review Personnel Activity Reports in accordance with funding requirements and coordinate any corrections needed. Maintain PAR document updates
- Process payroll and maintain all required records.
- Complete all 1099 forms each year to distribute to vendors.
- Assist in inventory of all office supplies and contact vendors when needed.
- Maintain balance sheet of all cash donations and checks received.
- Inform vendors of agency non-discrimination policy
- Serve as the third party for the agency checks and balances system for all financials
- Complete Human Resource duties for agency employees including new hire paperwork, benefits
- Reconcile credit card purchases with receipts and review statements
- Perform all duties as assigned by the Executive Director or Director of Finance
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, office administration, or related field Experience with non-profit accounting is desirable but not required.
- Proficient in general accounting principles and record keeping systems.
Computer/PC skills: Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel; Sage or similar database- required.
- Must possess strong organizational skills to operate efficiently in both electronic and paper filing systems, handle sensitive information and maintain highest level of confidentiality
- Ability to work under highly stressful, crisis-oriented situations
- Professional level oral and written communication skills; ability to interact with individuals at all levels, including significant community relations
Creative and innovative problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Adhere to the Revised Member Program Service Standards of the Kentucky Coalition Against Domestic Violence.
- Completion of First Aid, CPR, and Blood-borne Pathogen Training.
- Valid Kentucky driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance.
- Submit to criminal background check(s).